The National Black Business Pitch is comprised of two phases.
PHASE I: NBBP SEMIFINALS
Phase I is open to Black-owned, founded, or controlled businesses throughout the United States. Interested companies will complete an application and submit their capability statement and a three-minute video about their company. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges from the corporate supplier diversity community who will select thirty businesses to advance to the final competition and the opportunity to win cash prizes of up to $10,000.
Pitch Competition Eligibility
To apply for the National Black Business Pitch competition:
- The owner, or co-owner, of the company must be at least 21 years of age;
- The company featured in the pitch must be at least 51% Black-owned, operated and controlled and must be headquartered in the United States; and
- The applicant must be the owner, founder, CEO, or controlling shareholder of a company that has been operating for at least three months and agree to the NBBP competition guidelines.
- Complete the application and submit your pitch video by May 23, 2022.
Should you apply? If you can answer yes to any of the questions below, you should apply today.
- Do you want to sell your product or service to corporations?
- Do you believe that your business has a product or service that a corporation can use in its supply chain?
- Do you want to expose your product or service to corporations looking to do business with Black-owned, operated and controlled companies?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, YOU should apply to participate in the National Black Pitch competition today. The exposure that you will receive by applying is priceless. Get yourself and your company out in front of your potential customers. Apply today and pitch your product/service in front of some of the top corporations in the world.
Fun Fact: Even if you are not selected to move to Phase II, your pitch will be seen by representatives of Americas top corporations that are all looking to source products and services from black owned, operated and controlled businesses.
PHASE II: THE PITCH LIVE FINALS
Everyone who proceeds to Phase II will have an opportunity to win up to a cash prize of $10,000 by participating in the live finals.
Each participant will give a three-minute, live virtual pitch to an audience of judges comprised of buyers and supplier diversity professionals.
Following each live pitch, the panel of judges will have up to three minutes for follow-up questions.
Three winners will be selected to receive one of these cash prizes.
First Place: $10,000
Second Place: $5,000
Third Place: $2,500
THE EVALUATION PROCESS
Both Phase I and Phase II pitches will be scored on the following criteria:
- Clarity of your presentation.
- Your ability to identify the problem that is being solved by your company’s product or service.
- Your ability to describe how the company’s product or services solves the aforementioned problem.
- How clearly your video presents the expertise your company has in providing that solution.
- How well you identify the industry/company your product or service is designed to serve and why.
- How well you respond, in the moment, to questions from the panel of judges.
Winners will be notified by mail and posted on the website.
If you are not an award recipient, you are still a winner by participating in the National Black Business Pitch! This pitch competition will provide something more valuable than prize money; it will present you with the opportunity to hone your business pitch, gain exposure for your businesses and make connections with corporations that could lead to future business opportunities.
So, get your camera phone or tablet out and get ready to make your application video. We look forward to seeing you in the National Black Business Pitch competition!